[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using * in a live production environment?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Nov 4 12:52:46 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 12:24, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Keep feeding the list, I'll steel information to the wiki.
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+setup+medium+office
>
> If you need help with the Wiki, I'm available.

Okay, looked there, but my setup doesn't fit any of the prefilled in
examples. Not to mention, since these are real working systems, it
should also contain some key words about success stories. So I'll just
post our config here.

Machine name phone:
SuperMicro 5011E
	1200 PIII
	256 megs memory
	40 gig IDE HD
	T400P
	ADIT 600
Machine name pbx:
Generic system
	1100 Celeron
	256 megs memory
	80 gig IDE HD
	T100P
	Zhone Zplex 10b

Description of deployment.
- 1 PRI from Telcove(formerly Adelphia) into phone located at our
Colocation provider.
- 1 point to point T1 from Telcove for data traffic from Colocation to
our office.
- phone acts as a switch only, and has little local load.
- phone splits off 1 DID to the local ADIT 600 for a legacy answering
system.
- phone sends the rest of our 19 DID lines to pbx via GSM compressed
IAX2 protocol.
- pbx does local extension work.
- pbx is used as a development platform for our software to replace
legacy answering system.
- 23 incoming lines with 10-13 lines peak being used on the legacy
system, and 2-4 lines peak being used as extensions.
- Has been in nearly fault free operation for more than since 05-2002.

The above system is in use at my office. What appears below is my home
system that currently is not being used, but will soon be put back
together.

Machine name homepbx
Generic system
	1400+ Duron
	256 megs memory
	40 gig IDE HD
	T100P
	ADIT 600

- ADIT 600 is attached to the T100P and serves up mostly cordless phones
in my home.
- Current set up has 14 lines attached to a display board and 3
extensions wired to different rooms of the house.
- Outside PSTN connectivity was achieved by attaching to the PSTN
gateway at the office via GSM compressed IAX2 protocol over my cable
modem.
- Could make 2 and sometimes 3 calls simultaneously over cable modem.