[Asterisk-Users] Red Alarm

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Nov 4 07:14:17 MST 2003

An E1 can be a long way from the box with the right cable. However many
people use the wrong cable. Using a LAN cable for an E1 often gives
errors if the cable is more than just a few metres long. Although the
plugs look the same, the twisted pairs should be grouped differently in
an E1 cable, and it really makes a difference. If the drop cable is only
a couple of metres long, a LAN cable is usually adequate. This is also
true for T1s.

Regards,
Steve