[Asterisk-Users] *, Fritz!PCI and strange behavior

cg at tric.nl cg at tric.nl
Tue Nov 4 06:12:09 MST 2003

I'm testing * (CVS-09/16/03-02:07:49 with zaprtc 0.0.1) with Fritz!PCI
(chan_capi 0.3.0), and have a couple of funny things - I wonder if anyone
else has seen them:

- Now and then, * just exits. Until now I had lowish-level verbosity on,
  so all I saw was 'Executing last minute cleanups'. What can trigger
  * exits? (in other words, what should I pay attention to when
  attempting to debug this?)

- Very often, after * runs for a while, it stops recognizing incoming
  ISDN calls and refuses to send out ISDN calls. The funny thing is,
  restarting * or CAPI doesn't work - I have to shutdown both, unplug
  and replug the ISDN cable, and then after startup everything works
  again. At first, I thought that it might be a bad cable, so I taped
  down everything in order to prevent it from moving. This didn't help.
  I really do not understand why the thing with the cable is necessary.

Any light that you can shine on this would be most helpful. OBTW: the
answer "don't use a Fritz" is not applicable here - I'm trying to assess
the feasibility of making a <300$ ISDN SoHo PBX...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,