[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind LinkSys NAT Routing

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 3 13:33:44 MST 2003

Martin Pycko wrote:

> It's new. It prevents asterisk from putting the private IP in the messages
> that asterisk sends with SIP.

Hmmm. According to the sip.conf example:

   [general]
   externip = 200.201.202.203 :Address that we're going to put in SIP messages if we're behind a NAT

Does this apply only for register=> connections, where Asterisk acts as a client UA?
Or all SIP Sessions?

Can we apply this only on ONE register=> connection, but not as a default? That would be done
not in [general] but in a [hostname] section of sip.conf.

/O