[Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Mon Nov 3 11:01:45 MST 2003

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peer Oliver schmidt" <posde at theinternet.de>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

> Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> >> If not registered, nothing works and the application closes by himself.
> > This is a very bad behavior.  You only need to register if you plan on
> > receiving a call from Asterisk and your IP is dynamic or you need to
> > punch thru a NAT/Firewall edge device.
>
> An error message would be more helpful, I have to agree.
Which do you think is the best way to provide this functionality.
I intend to do it like that:
- put a checkbox in the registration window (yes, will be one in the next
release..;))
- if you check the box, then a register procedure sis triggered.
- if not, it just use the info provided to compose the dial address together
with the phone number.

If you need to dial an IAX address containing name not numbers, then you
must define a phonebook entry for that.
It is ok for you?

Best regards,
Dan