[Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Mon Nov 3 10:56:46 MST 2003

Hi Jeremy,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy McNamara" <jj at nufone.net>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

> Dan wrote:
>
> >If not registered, nothing works and the application closes by himself.
> >

> This is a very bad behavior.  You only need to register if you plan on
> receiving a call from Asterisk and your IP is dynamic or you need to
> punch thru a NAT/Firewall edge device.

You're right. The reason for me was that I wanted to make the program to
have the look and feel of a standard phone.
I will make a change in the registration window in order to choose if you
want or not to register with the server you provide.

> And Visual Basic? Please.

Please be more specific... It is something wrong to use it?
Or.. your are one of the people who think that everything must be done in C
(on  *nix only)?

Best regards,
Dan