[Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

Peer Oliver schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Mon Nov 3 10:19:37 MST 2003

Jeremy McNamara wrote:
>> If not registered, nothing works and the application closes by himself.
> This is a very bad behavior.  You only need to register if you plan on
> receiving a call from Asterisk and your IP is dynamic or you need to
> punch thru a NAT/Firewall edge device.

An error message would be more helpful, I have to agree.

> And Visual Basic? Please.

What is wrong with Visual Basic?

I always thought, it is the solution that counts, not the programming
language. Am I missing something?

*I* think it is great to have an IAX client available that kind of works
out of the box. There are rough edges, but the start looks promising.
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
the internet company