[Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Mon Nov 3 08:42:44 MST 2003

Hi Robert,

----- Original Message -----
From: "rnc Info Lists" <info-lists at robertc.de>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

> > Hi ,
> >

> > I even think to avoid using an installer.... mainly because the
installer
> > part is bigger that the application himself.
> > What do you think?
> >

> Dan,
> I agree that if an installer or registry entries are not needed then it
> makes an automated rollout much easier.  Also makes it possible to run the
> program from a diskette/CD so as to be really portable between systems.
> However, the installer will be necessary for the acceptance by the
> "non-geeks".
There is no more an installer in the prerelease which I will post on my site
later today.
As all you must do is to put all the files from the archive in the same
directory and run the executable from there. No other files in other
directories or registry settings.
If you have a diskette or a pocket drive, taking it out you take the whole
application with you, including all the config files or call lists.

> I only had a short time to run your program last night but it worked well.
Run the new prerelease later today ( I will post a message when it will be
there). It has some improovments based on users requests and solve some
detected bugs.

>  Configuration was easy and it worked the first time!   The problem with
> changing address book entries was encountered but that has already been
> reported.
Solved in the new prerelease.

> Will do more extensive testing tonight with the version from
> today.  Thanks for a good program.  Looking forward to it being GPL and
> the further development.

Thanks a lot for your feedback,
Dan