[Asterisk-Users] a bit frightened, guys

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 02:29:25 MST 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 06:20:15PM -0500, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > So here's my humble request.
> > Can someone who has implemented a live production Asterisk deployment,
> > preferably between two sites (HQ and a branch office, connected over the
> > internet) spare the time and contact me here, or to my email directly?
>
> As a lurker, I would very much appreciate if this conversation could be kept
> on-list.  Not only does it help more than just yourself then, but it also
> gets to be part of the archive which search engines can access.

Certainly, I too am trying to push for an Asterisk-based solution at my workplace
rather than a proprietary one, and some real-world cases would be a great boost
rather than just saying to management 'yes it's worked well in loads of places' - the
next question is "for who? where? show me details and reports." At present I am
totally unable to answer these questions because of the lack of
available information :(

So, if any such discussion could be kept on the list, then the knowledge and experience
can be shared amongst all, in the same spirit that the Asterisk software has been :)

Cheers,
Gavin.