[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind LinkSys NAT Routing

Robert Mann asterisk at easyway.com
Sun Nov 2 17:14:42 MST 2003

Problem I have is this.  outside firewall (extension 2003) can call me inside firewall (extension 2000) and all is fine.  If I call from inside firewall (extension 2000) to outside firewall (extension 2003) I hear no ringing and person at other end can pick up and I hear for maybe a half second then I go to voicemail.  If I add another extension on the outside then communication between outside and outside through * is not possible at all.  I know I can not be the only one who has tried to do this.  Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

My configuration.

Asterisk Server
----------------------
Linux RedHat 9.0
Asterisk CVS Update - 11/02/03 around 10:00AM PT
Zaptel CVS Update - 11/02/03 around 10:00AM PT
LinkSys Router with Asterisk server set as DMZ host.

Desktop Computer #1
-------------------------------
Windows XP
Xten X-Pro build 1082
Behind same LinkSys router.
extension 2000 in asterisk

Desktop Computer #2
-------------------------------
Windows XP
Xten X-Pro build 1082
Not behind any firewall.
extension 2003 in asterisk

sip.conf

; General definitions for the sip.conf file.
[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
allow = gsm
context = bogon-calls ; Default any unknown calls
;
[2000]
type=friend
username=2000
secret=grinch
host=dynamic
defaultip=192.168.1.210
context=trusted
nat=yes
qualify=1000
mailbox=2000
;
[2003]
type=friend
username=2003
secret=grinch
host=dynamic
context=normal
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
mailbox=2003

extensions.conf

[globals]
; Variables to VoIP extensions by name
ROBERT=SIP/2000

[general]
static=yes       ; These two lines prevent the command-line interface
writeprotect=yes ; from overwriting the config file. Leave them here.

[bogon-calls]
; Bogus calls if they find there way in to the system without authorization some how.
exten => _.,1,Congestion ; if someone accidentally finds there way here give them a fast busy.

[stations]
exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000,20)
exten => 2000,2,Voicemail(u2000)
exten => 2000,102,Voicemail(b2000)
exten => 2000,103,Hangup
;
exten => 2003,1,Dial(SIP/2003,20)
exten => 2003,2,Voicemail(u2003)
exten => 2003,102,Voicemail(b2003)
exten => 2003,103,Hangup
;
exten => 2997,1,VoicemailMain(2997)
exten => 2998,1,VoicemailMain(2998)
exten => 2999,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
;
; Direct Dial.  For those trusted to use the phone properly.
[directdial]
exten => 9,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => 9,2,Congestion
include => international
;
; International calling code and prefix used for users trusted to make international calls.
[international]
exten => _9011.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9011.,2,Congestion
include => longdistance
;
; Long distance calling code and prefix used for users trusted to make long distance calls.
[longdistance]
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Congestion
include => local
;
; Local calling code and prefix used for users trusted to make local calls.
[local]
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,Congestion
;
; Trusted users from sip.conf who are able to fully use the phone.
[trusted]
include => stations
include => directdial
;
; Normal users from sip.conf who are able to make local calls only.
[normal]
include => stations
include => local
;
; Public area for people who are only allowed to make calls to other extensions
[public]
include => stations
;
; When someone calls the work line of XXX-XXX-XXXX they are directed through this.
[inbound-work]
exten => s,1,Zapateller(answer|nocallerid)
exten => s,2,Dial(${ROBERT},20)
exten => s,3,Voicemail(u2997)
exten => s,4,Hangup
exten => s,103,Voicemail(b2997)
exten => s,104,Hangup
;
; When someone calls the home line of XXX-XXX-XXXX they are directed through this.
[inbound-home]
exten => s,1,Dial(${ROBERT},20)
exten => s,2,Voicemail(u2998)
exten => s,3,Hangup