[Asterisk-Users] FW: Voice/Data mixed routing over Digium E1/T1 Card

Ulexus ulexus at mail.lifelabs.net
Sun Nov 2 10:05:39 MST 2003

To try and put it simply, the zaptel drivers will not compile with the
-DZAPTEL_NETWORK flag (as set, not my default, in the Makefile), with any
stock kernel including and after 2.4.21, which is when the new HDLC structure
was imported from the development kernel tree.

Therefore, it should be perfectly fine to run RedHat 9 or whatever as long as
you installed (probably manually for RedHat) a stock kernel of version
2.4.20.

Mind, however, that I do not have a RedHat box and that RedHat has
historically made pretty extensive changes to a lot of the normal defaults to
a lot of things, so the above statement may not necessarily be true.