[Asterisk-Users] H.323 and G729: Another sad tale

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Sun Nov 2 09:25:48 MST 2003

> I can also confirm chan_h323 and g.729 work well to 5300s, but we had
> to build on RH8 not RH9. Haven't tried 5300 to Asterisk
> except via SIP
> which works fine--even to i4l interfaces.

I believe that when you use up2date on both RH8 and RH9, you end up with the
same version of Kernel.  So how do you differentiate RH8 and RH9 in terms of
this issue?  Or do you not use up2date to get the latest kernel and source?

> On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 01:57  AM, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
>
> > John Todd wrote:
> >

> >> I've done some reviewing of the archives for G729 and H323
> >> experiences.  The landscape of that query isn't pretty - lots of
> >> pleas for help, and nor do I see too many "answers."  I have a
> >> pending bid that requires some data before I can implement
> * on this
> >> particular solution.

Ray Burkholder
ray at oneunified.net
http://www.oneunified.net
704 576 5101

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.