FW: [Asterisk-Users] NAT router and off-premise SIP audio problem

Jim Greenfield, Computer Troubleshooters Metro NY/NJ nyc at comptroub.com
Sun Nov 2 06:04:51 MST 2003

Rich, thank you for your informative reply. I checked with our admin and he
replied:

"I setup from the start "nat=yes" and "canreinvite=no" on sip phones from
Internet and modified the rtp channels (voice ports) and the rtp
port on the phones. Still have the same problem, no sound."

Perhaps the VPN solution is something we should try but this is more
limiting than we had wanted... the concept that we could simply attach a SIP
phone to a high speed internet connection anywhere, anytime (such as at a
hotel when traveling) and become one with our office was a compelling one.