[Asterisk-Users] Inbound PSTN Calls

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Sat Nov 1 10:30:30 MST 2003

At 07:42 AM 11/1/2003, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Is it possible to show which line a call has come in on in *.

Yes, absolutely. In asterisk each line is a channel. The channel
information is VITAL to the call and is available (and used) everywhere in
asterisk. Channels look like this: "ZAP/1-1", which means Zaptel card, line
1, call 1.

>My scenario is 8 incoming lines, 6 lines are trunked to one number and the
>other 2 are individual lines.

I assume you mean that they are six analog lines set up with a rollover. If
you use eight FXO cards, then each line is a separate asterisk channel.
Configure each channel with a different default context in the zaptel.conf
file. I believe the same is true if you use a channel bank, in which case
each T1 will be 23 channels (1-23, 24-47, etc)

context=default
signalling=fxs_ks
channel=1
channel=2

context=notdefault
channel=3

>The total system for a start will consist of, 8 PSTN (analogue lines and 25
>extensions, with the possibility of expansion for remote SIP phones
>globally).

If you use a VoIP gateway, then you need to configure the gateway with a
different user for each group of lines. I can't help you with this, as it
depends on the gateway, but I'm told it's possible (and I'll be doing it
myself soon).

--Ernest