[Asterisk-Users] Second T1 ISDN PRI in a group, Dual T400P questions

asterisk at billheckel.com asterisk at billheckel.com
Fri May 30 08:26:44 MST 2003

We are installing our second long distance ISDN T1 and I've been given the option of using the same
D channel to control both long distance T1s.

Does asterisk support signalling 2 T1s on a single D channel?

If it does, how do I go about configuring this so that the work together?

On a similar note, since I will have 2 T400Ps in this system, do I need both T1s in a bound group
such as the above to be inbound on the same card or can they be split?

Also, on the T400P front, when a call is bridged from one channel to another it does have to go
through the processor so is there any benefit to terminating both ends of the call on the same T400P?

Thanks,
Bill Heckel
CTO
Lots of companies ;)