[Asterisk-Users] External Directory Button and Dial tone on Cisco 7960 (SIP)

Steve Bourg ml_asteriskusers at integrity.bourg.net
Fri May 30 06:44:52 MST 2003

Adjust and place this into your SIPDefault.conf file:

directory_url: "http://mydirectoryserver.com/directory.html"

Drop the directory.html onto your web server in this format:

<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>
  <Title>IP Telephony Directory</Title>
  <Prompt>People reachable via VoIP</Prompt>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Smith, Joe</Name>
<Telephone>1001</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Doe, John</Name>
<Telephone>1002</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

I did this with Apache and generated the entries through PHP without a
hitch.

Steve Bourg