[Asterisk-Users] A Major Problem!

Surajee Ratnayake surajee at infotechs.lk
Fri May 30 05:38:18 MST 2003

hi,

we are experiecing the following probem, if anybody have come across such a problem or a solution to this please let us know.
our set up is, an Asterisk server equipped with, 4 port station interface card ,single port fxo card and several soft sip phones
we have found problems with the following scenarios,

outside caller (calling through fxo interface)  <------------------------------>  sip phone/ station interface phone

                                                                    calls to a conference
outside caller (calling through fxo interface)<--------------------------------------------------->  confernce

the problem is, once the outside caller(calling through fxo interface) disconnects the line, Asterisk does not detects the disconnection, other party can hear the 'engage like tone' coming from the other side.This continues till the other party(probalby the sip phone or the station interface phone) hangs up. If the fxo user was in a conference if he disconnets the line, other confencees can here the 'engage like tone' , this is very disturbing. The biggest problem is, the fxo line remains busy, till the sip/station phone user disconnects the line. Can anybody give us a solution for this.

In the near future, we are going to add some E1 lines too(with E400P cards), once this is done, will the above call disconnection problem occur in that configuration too..or is this a common problem only with analog ?

Thank you very much,
Surajee