[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk IAX over VSAT satellite.

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Thu May 29 13:16:40 MST 2003

Martin,

> What bandwidth do you have available for you connection (upstream and
> downstream)? Do you have any CIR for VSAT connection ?

I think we have 400Kbps downstream and 56-112Kbps upstream.  No CIR that
I know of, it's first come first served for the bandwidth, and it's all
shared all the time as far as I know.

However it's pretty good "broadband" service and definitely usable for
interactive stuff like webex or ssh, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised
that it works OK for VoIP as well.

--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)
Contact info: please see http://www.ockers.net/