[Asterisk-Users] External FXO device (USB or ethernet), supported by Asterisk?

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Thu May 29 07:06:32 MST 2003

Hi all,

ISDN is not an option for me... I don't want to subscribe to ISDN services
just to use Asterisk.

I have just tested a Cisco 1700 router as a 2 x FXS + 2 x FX interfaces.
It is connected to Asterisk through ethernet.
I have connected 2 phone lines and two analog phones.
The box is seen by Asterisk as a SIP UA.
I can call PSTN using separate prefixes for each of the two lines.
The two analog phones are defined as extensions in Asterisk.
I have some other phones connected to the same Asterisk: one Cisco 7960 and
one X-Lite, both on SIP and a Netmeeting as a H.323 client.

It is a nice thing overall, but I still need something much cheaper for home
use.

Thanks,
Dan