[Asterisk-Users] What is the going rate for the Snom 100 in the UK?

Simon Woodhead woodheads at gonegardening.com
Thu May 29 06:33:37 MST 2003

Hey Tan,

I don't think was discussed in the past discussion so I'd appreciate your
comments...

I opted for a single snom 100 to test because we wanted to use the headset
and I was told the 200 doesn't yet have headset support, despite the sockets
being there. This is coming shortly apparently.

Anyway, the support for the headset on the 100 is really bugging me. You can
dial off-hook and then press a button to switch from speaker to headset but
as soon as the call is answered it reverts and you have someone shouting
hello across the office.

We want users to use the handset for infrequent use but the headset more
commonly and in an open-plan office don't want the first few seconds of
every call being broadcast.

Am I missing a setting on the 100 to make the headset selection more
permanent? Does the 200 support headsets after all? Properly?

Many thanks,
Simon