[Asterisk-Users] dialogic DIALOG/4

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Wed May 28 16:05:29 MST 2003

I think what Benjamin is trying to say is that the Dialogic D/4 is not
capable of full duplex operation when reading/writing from the PCI bus.
It's capable of full-duplex operations only when using it's own SC-BUS.
Yes, you're right these cards have been used for VOIP. But, to achieve
that you'll need to get special VOIP compression cards that talks to the
D/4 via the SC-BUS, e.g. Dialogic DM-3 and some Audiocodes cards. Those
cards are definitely not cheap.