[Asterisk-Users] 2 4-port T1 cards

Mike D. mdiehl at dominion.dyndns.org
Wed May 28 15:18:32 MST 2003

> My example of heavy load where mysql could not even begin to handle the
> situation was a project with real time stock market data streamed in as
> bids and offers and trades happened, statistics computed from that in real
> time, database kept in sync live, and charts and graphs plotted in real
> time for users on the site. Now that situation had more than its share of
> inserts and updates, and a massive wad of historical data being kept just
> to add to the fun.

...and I can even top that.  I had an Intrusion Detection System proof
of concept which logged to a Postgresql database.  This database
received 10-15 Million inserts a day and I was required to keep 90 day's
worth of data. Most of the elects were done in batch during "slow" times at
night.  Some of the queries were expected to run in "near-real time."
And might I also add that postgres did just fine...

> Might I add for record that postgres did just fine.

Mike Diehl.