[Asterisk-Users] 2 4-port T1 cards

Joe Antkowiak joe at jsci.net
Wed May 28 12:45:22 MST 2003

>Also, NFS mounting of the voicemail for such a large install is probably
>not the best idea. Unless you really need it available to another
>machine, you _may_ want to rethink this idea. NFS can be a major speed
>hit on a machine, especially if the client is overworked. Also if you
>are planning on running most all the channels to voicemail, then do you
>think you are going to be able to have your NFS server keep high speed
>writing going so as not to slow you asterisk machine down with it's 96
>channels running full tilt?

Well, I have to have some centralized way of storing voicemail that all the
* boxes can access.  Its either network storage, SAN, or all the * boxes
with t1 cards do IAX to a central * box that will do all the voicemail.  I
didn't think I'd have much of a problem getting the nfs box to keep up as
long as its got enough horsepower (dual cpu, gig NIC, serial ata raid 5+1),
and if I do, SAN is the next step...

What do you think?