[Asterisk-Users] chan_h323 and extensions.conf

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Tue May 27 08:28:59 MST 2003

Truong wrote:
> % *** On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 03:15 PM +0300, Michael Manousos <manousos at inaccessnetworks.com> wrote: ***
> % >
> % >Hi,
> % >
> % >It works now but with chan_oh323: I can place a H.323 call from one
> % >client to another _through_ Asterisk via the default menu, though I
> % >still have problem with H.323 alias and extensions.
> %
> % What kind of problem?
> % Do you want to send your conf (oh323.conf) file?
> %
>
> I just use the oh323.conf.sample with option gatekeeper=DISABLE.  I have
> installed GnuGK on the same PC where Asterisk runs on. To isolate the
> problem I stoped GnuGK.
>
> The problem of misconfiguration is that I would like to define 2
> extensions in the last context "[voip-h323]" at the end of
> extensions.conf file. I attach oh323.conf and the 2 extensions.conf: one
> working with direct call and another invalid.
>
> To resume: I have only 2 PC
>
>  - on host 192.168.1.20, with a soundcard: Asterisk runs and
>    GnomeMeeting (GM20) will place a call.
>
>  - on host 192.168.1.25, with PhoneJack-PCI: GnomeMeeting (GM25) is
>    waiting.
>
>  - GM20, GM25 can communicate to each other, in both directions through
>    gatekeeper GnuGK.
>
>  - for the test with Asterisk, I stop GnuGK.
>
> With oh323.conf and extensions.conf-oh323-direct (the name is changed
> for reference), from GM20, I can make callto://192.168.1.20, which is
> routed by Asterisk onto GM25. It's normal as the first line in
> [voip-h323] is:
>
>  exten => s,1,Dial,OH323/192.168.1.25
>
> I would like to have a voice menu to guide caller to choose one
> extension ("665"). So I add the bloc at the end of extensions.conf (like
> extensions.conf-oh323-invalid):
>
>   [voip-h323]
>   exten => s,1,Goto,i|1
>   exten => t,1,Playback,demo-thanks
>   exten => t,2,Hangup
>   exten => i,1,Playback,pbx-invalid
>
>   ;...
>
>   ;--- [alias = 665]
>   exten => 65,3,Wait,2
>   exten => 65,4,Dial,OH323/192.168.1.20
>   exten => 65,5,Hangup

Try this one:

;------------------- START -----------

[voip-h323]
; From [demo] context
exten => s,1,Wait,1         ; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,2,Answer         ; Answer the line
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5     ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10     ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,5,BackGround,demo-congrats   ; Play a congratulatory message
         ; While you hear the demo-congrats you may type an extension,
         ; e.g. 665 and you will jump to it.

exten => 665,1,Dial(OH323/192.168.1.25)

;-------------------- END ---------------

> But from GM20, when I make callto://192.168.1.20, the call is hung up
> after the playback "demo-thanks". So I don't have the time to dial "65".

I guess that what you hear is "pbx-invalid" and not "demo-thanks"
(according to your extension.conf).

> I thought that 4th line (exten => i,1,Playback,pbx-invalid) could stop
> the call and it's a problem of misconfigured but I don't know how to
> define it correctly. Should I modify sth in oh323.conf or
> extensions.conf, or both ?
>
> Thank you all for hints.

Michael.