[Asterisk-Users] [OF] Cable Pinouts

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue May 27 08:14:53 MST 2003

if you are adventurous, find the line termination resistors on the board.
The transmit one will be coming from the low impedance transmit pin on the
driver through likely a 100ohm resistor, possibly fuses or thermistors to
the output pin in the rj45. The receive one will be similarly in series
with the high protectors and in parallel with the high impedance pin of the
receiver.

Due to the high/low impedance of the driver pins, you can normally simply
replace the line termination resistors with the correct values (anything
less than 1k is not going to change the rest of the circuit parameters
enough to matter in well designed hardware)

I can't say on the digium stuff but in some cases a jumper will be provided
to series or parallel up more resistance to change between common
impedances easily. eg: components with an in and out jack often make the
termination resistor selectable in the circuit and only use it when they
are at the end of the line.