[Asterisk-Users] chan_h323 and extensions.conf

Truong tphuong at wol.be
Tue May 27 06:45:18 MST 2003

% *** On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 03:15 PM +0300, Michael Manousos <manousos at inaccessnetworks.com> wrote: ***
% >
% >Hi,
% >
% >It works now but with chan_oh323: I can place a H.323 call from one
% >client to another _through_ Asterisk via the default menu, though I
% >still have problem with H.323 alias and extensions.
%
% What kind of problem?
% Do you want to send your conf (oh323.conf) file?
%

I just use the oh323.conf.sample with option gatekeeper=DISABLE.  I have
installed GnuGK on the same PC where Asterisk runs on. To isolate the
problem I stoped GnuGK.

The problem of misconfiguration is that I would like to define 2
extensions in the last context "[voip-h323]" at the end of
extensions.conf file. I attach oh323.conf and the 2 extensions.conf: one
working with direct call and another invalid.

To resume: I have only 2 PC

 - on host 192.168.1.20, with a soundcard: Asterisk runs and
   GnomeMeeting (GM20) will place a call.

 - on host 192.168.1.25, with PhoneJack-PCI: GnomeMeeting (GM25) is
   waiting.

 - GM20, GM25 can communicate to each other, in both directions through
   gatekeeper GnuGK.

 - for the test with Asterisk, I stop GnuGK.

With oh323.conf and extensions.conf-oh323-direct (the name is changed
for reference), from GM20, I can make callto://192.168.1.20, which is
routed by Asterisk onto GM25. It's normal as the first line in
[voip-h323] is:

 exten => s,1,Dial,OH323/192.168.1.25

I would like to have a voice menu to guide caller to choose one
extension ("665"). So I add the bloc at the end of extensions.conf (like
extensions.conf-oh323-invalid):

  [voip-h323]
  exten => s,1,Goto,i|1
  exten => t,1,Playback,demo-thanks
  exten => t,2,Hangup
  exten => i,1,Playback,pbx-invalid

  ;...

  ;--- [alias = 665]
  exten => 65,3,Wait,2
  exten => 65,4,Dial,OH323/192.168.1.20
  exten => 65,5,Hangup

But from GM20, when I make callto://192.168.1.20, the call is hung up
after the playback "demo-thanks". So I don't have the time to dial "65".
I thought that 4th line (exten => i,1,Playback,pbx-invalid) could stop
the call and it's a problem of misconfigured but I don't know how to
define it correctly. Should I modify sth in oh323.conf or
extensions.conf, or both ?

Thank you all for hints.

--
  Truong <tphuong at wol.be>