[Asterisk-Users] please help (reposted) - re. * connecting to a commercial call service

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue May 27 06:05:18 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 07:52, Dave Alan Caruana wrote:
> hi,
> maybe someone out there already has some experience and can help me.
> I have just ordered an E100P card from Digium, I already have a basic
> asterisk setup up & running.
> My application is the following :
> I want to accept incoming calls from the PSTN to Asterisk, and without
> asking anything of the client just pass them immediately to a call
> gateway
> in USA, actually we are planning to use Go2Call.com
> Currently the company I work with already runs a number of callcentres
> where a client can walk in, pick up a phone & use a calling card, they
> are routed through hardware boxes made by Quintum (tenor A800) so
> i'm thinking of something in a similar vein but taking calls off the
> PSTN.
> Anyone who has any suggestions/sample configs/help etc. is more
> than welcome!!

Reposting with no new content is usually considered rude. You were not
being ignored. Probably no one considered themselves qualified to anser
your message yet.

So far you are missing some very important information like what
protocol does go2call use and what codecs do they support.

You _probably_ will need to purchase g729 codecs for the number of
channels you plan to use so that you don't over run your bandwidth.

As for passing a call without answer to a outside gateway, no problem,
just answer the line and dial the appropriate outside gateway.