[Asterisk-Users] VoIP to ordinary phone and then back

Osirishinzen osirishinzen at hotpop.com
Sun May 25 16:38:09 MST 2003

Hello,

I have just discovered asterisk a few minutes ago and was very excited
with the possibilities.

I would like to ask if any of you have done something similar to the
below scenario with asterisk.

I have two sites each with a computer on a 128 kbps ADSL connection.
Each site also has two phone lines, one line used for the ADSL
connection and the other for voice/fax calls.

I would like to be able to receive a call in site 1 and use asterisk to
transfer the call to site 2 via VOIP through the internet.

Does the above scneario make sense, is it feasible, what kind of
hardware would I need for a setup like that ?

Many thanks,

Hamilton