[Asterisk-Users] Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'

shido shido at datavibe.net
Sat May 24 08:09:05 MST 2003

/etc/zapata.conf
fxsks=1
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

now reload your wcfxo module

When you run zttool, what do you see?

If your telephone line form the PSTN is plugged in it should read OK not RED

Please respond with the line from your extensions.conf to see if you are
dialing out of your Zap device properly

For example:
If you're dialing 9 to get out it would look something like this ( in this
instance I have used my zaptel for outbound calls as group 1)

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf  (should look something like this)

[channels]
group=1
stripmsd=0
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf (should look something like this)

[outbound]
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial,Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1}

Hope this helps

-Greg Merriweather