[Asterisk-Users] Need basic help getting started

Chip G chipg_98 at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 15:44:01 MST 2003

I have verified that I have the following packages
installed as recommended. As previously mentioned, I
have downloaded and executed make install in each of
the folders for zaptel, libpri, and asterisk. However,
it does not appear that asterisk will run. I am just
trying to run Asterisk with a couple of SIP softphones
and do not think I really need zaptel or libpri for
now... just downloaded them because I couldn't get
asterisk to work previously and though perhaps adding
them would fix the problem. It did not work for me.

I know I must be missing something basic but cannot
figure out what I have missed. Just to be clear, I am
definitely a newbie to Linux and compiling apps in
this environment. Thanks for the ongoing assistance
from this group! Is there a document that goes through
a step-by-step for basic installation on a RedHat
system?

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 02:18 pm, Derek Beaumont
wrote:
> Make sure you have the following packages installed:
>
> Bison
> libtermcap
> libtermcap-devel
> newt