Server Spec. Was: [Asterisk-Users] Who would use Asterisk SS7?

Simon Woodhead woodheads at gonegardening.com
Fri May 23 11:28:55 MST 2003

Hey Bill,

I'd love to hear what kind of hardware setup you have to support that level
of usage if you don't mind. Are you doing VoIP on the office side?

I'd be keen to hear 'case studies' from anyone else with reasonable sized
implementations, especially anyone doing VoIP internally and externally. I'm
trying to get a measure of the number of concurrent sessions we could
support on a given server with * managing sip internally to h.323 externally
with a potential codecs change as well. We've got a handful of concurrent
users on an old bombed out machine and it works superbly but that is no
guide as to what sort of capacity we can expect from its production
replacement.

Many thanks in advance,
Simon