[Asterisk-Users] iConnectHere - calls dropping out?

Shaun Ewing shaun at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Fri May 23 07:21:54 MST 2003

Hi all,

This is my first post here - I started with Asterisk a few days ago and have
"fallen in love" - fantastic product. I've only got softphones connected at
the moment - I'll probably order the FXO/FXS cards in about a month (and
then think about getting some hardware SIP phones). Our current phone system
is quite a few years old and isn't growing with us (when a single line
telephone port is a $600 add-on - you know it's time to change) - so
Asterisk will be excellent.

Anyway, I'm writing to see if anybody else has experienced problems with
calls to the iConnectHere gateway dropping out.

I've got the following setup:

Anybody wishing to call via iConnectHere dials 82 followed by the number.

Calls seem to be connecting fine - voice passes for 5-10 seconds but then
the call disconnects.

The following shows up in the console:
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/6012-fbc2", "SIP/xxxxxxxxx at iconnecthere") in new
stack
    -- Called xxxxxxxxx at iconnecthere
    -- SIP/iconnecthere-a5fb is making progress passing it to SIP/6012-fbc2
    -- SIP/iconnecthere-a5fb answered SIP/6012-fbc2
    -- Attempting native bridge of SIP/6012-fbc2 and SIP/iconnecthere-a5fb
WARNING[9226]: File chan_sip.c, Line 409 (retrans_pkt): Maximum retries
exceeded on call 564c3b1f518e29b81f48ff716e141443 at 203.217.xx.xx for seqno
104 (Request)
  == Spawn extension (default, 82xxxxxxxxx, 2) exited non-zero on
'SIP/6012-fbc2'

Sometimes I'll also get a whole heap of:
WARNING[150546]: File dsp.c, Line 1107 (ast_dsp_process): Unable to detect
process 2 frames
WARNING[150546]: File dsp.c, Line 1107 (ast_dsp_process): Unable to detect
process 2 frames

Appropriate sections of the configuration files are below:

sip.conf

[iconnecthere]
type=friend
username=xxxxxxxx
secret=xxxx
host=sipauth.deltathree.com

extensions.conf

exten => _82.,2,Dial,SIP/${EXTEN-2}@iconnecthere

The same config works fine on Free World Dialup - using 81 as the prefix, so
I'm quite perplexed as to why this happens on iConnectHere.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shaun Ewing