[Asterisk-Users] Softphones

Andre Naumann anaumann at SPARCed.org
Fri May 23 07:13:50 MST 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 04:57:39PM +0300, Dan wrote:
> > I'm currently using SJPhone as a sip client with Asterisk. It works
> > perfectly with a USB Yap Phone but there is was slight problem! If I
> > setup SJphone to use the USB device for audio the ringing tone is also
> > over the USB device. If I'm away from my desk I can't hear the phone
> > ring! Is there an option to use one audio device for calls but another
> > for the ringing sound?

> There is no software only phone that supports that type of ring. This is one
> of the main issue with the soft phones.

IIRC, openphone for Windows does exactly that.  Ok, I don't think
it's configurable, but I used it some time and it rang on the main
speakers, but communication took place via the connected usb headset which
I had configured as the main sound device in openphone.

--
The sixth sheik's sixth sheep's sick.
	[so say said sentence sextuply...]