[Asterisk-Users] H.323 support is distrubuted with Asterisk (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] chan_oh323.so: Segmentation Fault)

William Walsh william at wxw.org
Fri May 23 04:37:12 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 04:28, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2003 13:05, William Walsh wrote:
> > Something he wouldn't need to do even if your allegations (and sour
> > grapes) had any merit.  Your code is GPL and licensed under the terms of
> > the GPL.  He has satisfied those requirements.  So what exactly is your
> > gripe?  That you chose a license that allowed this, or that someone
> > exercised the rights to make a derivative work, which you explicitly
> > granted them?
>
> He can't remove the copyright even if the code is GPLed

I see no such statement, as a matter of fact, the FAQ explains in some
length that the derived work should be singled out as not being the work
of the original author.  I'd say the credit given was more than enough.

I know you are looking for any reason to slam Jeremy, Roy, but that's
more about the personal issues between the two of you, and you seeing an
opportunity to slam him.

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>
Jabber: william at wxw.biz