[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk stops working for no apparent reason :-(

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Thu May 22 19:44:32 MST 2003

Hi All...

I have been having a recurring problem with * for several weeks now.  I am
using it with two ATA186 devices configured for SIP.  There is a USB zaptel
device plugged in but to the PC but no phone is plugged into it.

I have two X100P cards, each with a phone line.

About once each day, * will just decide to stop answering calls from the
phone lines or from an extension.  The * process is still running.  I can
kill it and restart it, and * begins working normally again.

This is becoming a serious problem so I have 2 questions.

1 - Is there any way to fix or at least diagnose this?

2 - Is there any way to check from another process to see if * is still
running so I can working so I can kill it and restart it if it is not?
Such a thing might be a regular output to a log file, answering on a port,
something like that.

Thanks!

Jim