[Asterisk-Users] Musiconhold and Parking crash

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Thu May 22 15:27:50 MST 2003

>One problem I noticed when I was testing was that if I use the flash
>button
>twice in a conversation, asterisk will crash.  Does anybody have no idea
>why?

No, but I get this too...
>-----
>Somebody wrote:
>Ok, so are you pressing  # then hearing the word 'transfer' and dialing
>the
> exten to transfer to?

That was me...

>I am not pressing #, am I supposed to press #.  Is that how asterisk
>does It by default, or is that just how the SNOM phones work?  I am using an
>analog phone which has a hold button as well as a flash button.

If you are using an analog phone (via a tdm card?) and the flash button works
then use that. On the snoms using # works best for transfers in my experience

On my DECT phones I use the flash button, on my snoms I use #

>Do I need to alter my extensions.conf to make # go to musiconhold?

no... you don;t need to change it...

>I can't get musiconhold to work using the hold button, but it does work
>with The flash button.  I can imagine situations where I would favour placing

Then use the flash button, it's unlikely that the hold button does anything
other than mute the phone...

>a call On hold as opposed to using call parking, so I would like to get
>musiconhold to Work with the hold button.

If the phone simply mutes the line there is nothing you can do, check
your manual to see what it actually does...

HTH

Andy