[Asterisk-Users] to jerjer or not to, i.e. not the question was ([Asterisk-Users] chan_oh323.so: Segmentation Fault)

wasim at convergence.com.pk wasim at convergence.com.pk
Wed May 21 23:57:45 MST 2003

a) jerjers been doing a lot commendable work for *

b) support is not mandatory, and i agree with royk it should not be
withheld based on political viewpoints, that's pointlessly draconian

c) choice is always good, so people should have the option of oh323 or
h323, let them decide, and not limit them, unless astmaster chooses to
limit them, and that too based on valid points

d) jerjer gave a disclaimer to digium, so h323 is part of the package,
inaccess refuses to, that's their loss, imho, but that doesn't necessarily
make either product better/worse than the other

e) nufone is doing a great IAX termination job, so thats a definite plus
for * and we directly benefit from it

f) i haven't used, and don't intend to use either chan_h323 or chan_oh323,
i have something much, much  superior, IAX :)

my 2c, worth one minute of phone calls from pk :) folks, we've all got the
same goal, world domination, lets work together, peace

- wasim