[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk ACD

Aled Treharne aled.treharne at ftech.net
Wed May 21 01:22:22 MST 2003

Hi there.

I found your details in the list archives. I'm looking at playing with
Asterisk to replace our current phone system. Our main problem is that
the current PBX is a bit useless, coupled with being too small and poor
support for VoIP - which means that inter-office calls make up a major
part of our phone bills. Additionally, we need to reboot the PBX to make
any changes - which is not good when making changes in the middle of the
day.

However, we run a call centre environment here (not large, 3 or 4
queues, one large with 8 people with failover hunt groups and the others
only 3-4 people), and one of the nice things about our current PBX is
that it can select agents based on idle time.

I notice that you've done some work in this area from your comments on
the mailing list, and I'd be interested in getting a hold of your code
to try it out.

Cheers,
Aled.
--
Aled Treharne - Technical Solutions Advisor - Frontier Internet Services Ltd
Tel: 029 2082 0000 Fax: 029 2082 0038  http://www.frontier.net.uk