[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue May 20 11:00:54 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 11:51, Tom De Wispelaere wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have these two asterisk servers both with a E400P card inside and was
> wondering what would be the easiest way to connect these two physically
> (one port from one card to the port of the other).
>
> Im a bit in the dark in regards to the type of signalling i should use on
> both ends.

It depends on what you are doing as to what signaling you need to use.
You can set them up as a standard B8ZS, ESF and on one side select
FXO_KS, and on the other side select FXS_KS. Just remember that FXS and
FXO are complimentary protocols. You have one on one side of the link,
and the other protocol at the other end of the link.

Of course this begs the question, are you exceeding ethernet length
limits, or are you doing this as a test to see how it works? If it is a
test, then go on. If it is because you are longer than ethernet, go on.
Else, why not use IAX and ulaw, or GSM over a ethernet link to do the
transport. You will save yourself headaches on signalling.