FW: [Asterisk-Users] SIP-firewall problem?

Paulo H. Mannheimer paulohm at instant.com.br
Tue May 20 00:32:24 MST 2003

Thanks for the firewall hint. Actually, most of my UDP and TCP port are open.

I believe the problem is related to NAT. Here is the reasoning:

- I call from SJPhone using a real IP address (e.g. 200.22.33.44)
- The call reaches my router (with a real IP address of 200.33.44.55), which
routes the packets to my * server at the fake IP 192.168.0.200
- My * server places a call through my TDM interface
- I can hear on SJPhone the other party's voice, but he cannot hear me.

Taking a look at SIP debug info, I've found out that * get my IP address
correctly, but it sends to my SIP client the IP 192.168.0.200 address !!! So,
I guess my voice packets are going nowhere.

Any other hint?

Best,

Paulo Mannheimer