[Asterisk-Users] Questions about AGI and Wildcard boards

silverflash at bancclub.net silverflash at bancclub.net
Mon May 19 13:17:20 MST 2003

Hello all :)

I've just been handed a project that I need to get working pretty quickly.
Basically I have four "analog DID trunks" for incoming only calls coming in.
I know that these are Loop start with Wink start, and that after wink they
send a 4-digit id number.  Is this something that the Wildcard boards are
able to handle and that Asterisk could interpret?   The digits are sent
before any phones attached to the circuit ring.

Secondly, when the receptionists get calls, they are required to make notes
online about what the call was about, who it was from, etc.   I realize that
AGI is probably the way to do this, but would this provide a means of
synchronizing between the server running * and the workstations?   I have no
problems writing this as a socket based app, but don't know enough about *
yet to determine if this is feasable.

It would also be nice to be able to selectively record any or all calls
coming in.

Basically this system is supposed to replace the current paper and pencil
method of taking calls, while allowing monitoring of the operators.

Thanks!
Mike Atkinson