[Asterisk-Users] Music conferences ?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sun May 18 10:56:11 MST 2003

A kludge would be to use the auto-call features within Asterisk to
"fake" an inbound call with an MP3 channel in it into a conference.
See "/usr/src/asterisk/sample.call".

For audio control, I would suggest that you set up a shoutcast
reflector on your local system so you can have an external system do
re-connects without interrupting the call if the network flakes out
for short periods of time.

Further hints would be to put an absolute timeout on the call at an
hour or so, and then have a script re-initiate the call at the end of
the timeout.  That way, if things stop working, there is an
auto-renew feature that sets things straight.

You can add inbound lines to conferences as "muted" - look at the docs.

JT