[Asterisk-Users] Trouble with *80, *82

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Sun May 18 00:08:52 MST 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 03:33:33PM +0200, Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:
> mmh, that's because recemtly *8# was changed to *8 for
> compatibility purposes with sip channel.
> But that broke *80 & *82 .
> I think the better way is to change *80 & *82
> to something else, something that not begins with *8

I noticed that a while back.  Out of curiosity, why did that happen?

I actually have been wondering why all of the _*NN codes are not
configurable in, say, extensions.conf (or maybe like zaptel.conf).  I
understand that there is a reasonable standard (*67, *69, *70,...) but
my menus are getting tight and these hard-coded numbers really make *
unusable for special extensions beyond the defaults.

Can we make this configurable?  It looks like around an hour work to do
so.  Where would I send a patch?

What file should hold those settings?  Right now it appears to be
hard-coded into each channel (well, at least those that support it, I
see chan_zap and chan_mgcp).  Is that desirable?

Also, I've been using the *8 feature extensively.  We are currently a
Zaptel only environment.  I'm considering some SIP phones, but I've been
wondering, is the pickupgroup thing only supported on Zaptel (or on
single technologies)?  If not, is it planned to migrate support for this
into the core of *?  I ask because lots of stuff seems a little
Zaptel-centric in the current code.

Thanks,

Jayson

P.S.  I'm doing some exciting things with ADSI.  If anyone knows how to
trick an ADSI phone into hanging up server-side or how to start an ADSI
session with the phone on-hook, drop me a line.  When I get them done, I
may be submitting some useful applications for dealing with ADSI if the
boss okays giving them away.  :(