[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri May 16 21:08:14 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 21:04, Alex Lopez wrote:
> I used that number because I knew that it was too much for one server to
> handle, I figured that within the next years with the 3.0Ghz processor
> and faster bus speeds we may see systems with 5-6 4 port cards within
> them...

The reason your 4question was met with what do you want to accomplish is
because it sets the true scale of your question.

Since a pbx servicing a company might have 2 extensions for every
external trunk line. So 30 T1s incoming means 60 T1s of extensions, and
a big grand total of 90 T1 ports at the end points. Of course if you are
doing something like calling card, then all 30 T1s are just routed back
upon themselves and do not need to be in the same machine.