[Asterisk-Users] How to handle call waiting?

Dennis Gerasimov denis at gerasimov.net
Fri May 16 18:24:57 MST 2003

Hello All,
I need to be able to pass hook flash from an extension on a TDM400P to the
analog line on an X100P FXS to use telco-provided call waiting feature. I
know, i know, this is evil and I need to get more lines in a call group, but
I dont think this is very appropriate for a home answering machine or a
one-persone office.
In any way, I do have callwaiting=yes in the zapata.conf. When I add
threewaycalling=no and transfer=no, and press flash on my analog phone when
already in a call, nothing happens. If I set threwaycalling=yes and
transfer=yes, and press flash when in a call, i get a dialtone (from
asterisk). Somewhere ages ago in this list there was a mention of the *0 as a
means to send hook flash through asterisk at this point, but it does not
work: if I press *0 I get a busy tone at this point.
I would appreciate any ideas as to how to fix this.
By the way, I did call Digium tech support and they had no ideas how to do
this... :-(
Thank you!
Dennis Gerasimov (DenGer).