[Asterisk-Users] DynExtenDB DNID problem

carhill asterisk phoneserver account asterisk at carhil.com
Fri May 16 03:17:36 MST 2003

Tamas Levente wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone has a *working* patch to set the dnid from extension when
> it is now supplied, cos this plugin doesn't working without it.
> I tried and it passes empty string.
>
> THX

I had changed the dynextendb code to read data passed to it (${EXTEN})
instead of the dnid info. I gave up, however, because when the last
extension executes successfully, the final priority provided by
dynextendb was never executed to remove the extension stack from
asterisk.  Now I find out there is a final extension priority that is
executed on all extension stacks when the call is hung up ('h' for
hangup like 's' for start or 'i' for invalid) that I could have used to
clear the extension stack. I am using AGI instead so I can control the
stack with a higher degree of granularity and perform logic and stuff.
Good luck!

Jim Friedeck