[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Users] AVM Fritz/Capi without suse ?

Truong tphuong at wol.be
Thu May 15 01:33:09 MST 2003

% *** Tomaz Izanc <izol at itt.nu> wrote: ***
% hi!
%
% If you compile driver for avm ISDN cards you MUST use version 0.2  from
% avm ftp site.
% less /proc/capi/driver
% fcpci                            1 0.2
%
% i try to use version 0.4 and system hangs!
%

I had the same problem. Somebody on linux-avmb1 told me to rebuild the
kernel _without_  SMP (Symmetric MultiProcessor) support and the system
doesn't hang anymore. The below is reveal part:

   #
   # Processor type and features
   #
   [..]
   # CONFIG_SMP is not set

   #
   # Passive ISDN cards
   #
   CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_HISAX=m
   CONFIG_ISDN_HISAX=y

   #
   #   D-channel protocol features
   #
   CONFIG_HISAX_EURO=y

   #
   #   HiSax supported cards
   #
   CONFIG_HISAX_AVM_A1=y
   CONFIG_HISAX_FRITZPCI=y

   #
   # Active ISDN cards
   #
   CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI=m
   CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_AVMB1_VERBOSE_REASON=y
   CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI_MIDDLEWARE=y
   CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI_CAPI20=m
   CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI_CAPIFS_BOOL=y
   CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI_CAPIFS=m
   CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI_CAPIDRV=m

Then rebuild the driver fcpci found from AVM's ftp site. I use
capiinit (from capi4k-utils) to load the driver.

Hope that could help.

--
  Truong <tphuong at wol.be>