[Asterisk-Users] G.729 Codec on Dialup

Surajee Ratnayake surajee at infotechs.lk
Wed May 14 02:45:03 MST 2003

hi All,

We are using Asterisk server with sip phones (SJPhone).
On the local LAN, when we use the SJPhone as the SIP client, communication works fine with no disturbances and noices. But when it comes to dialup connection we harldy hear anything except a rough noice.
We have included G.729 Codec (Annex B) with the Asterisk server, and we added the G.729 Codec to the SJPhone too. But it seems like SJPhone is using a version of G.729 other than Codec G.729 (Annex B) , probably 'Annex A'.
What we want is to have a smoother communication when we use a SIP phone on the Dialup connection.

Can anybody come up with a good idea for this problems,
Thank you very much,
Surajee