[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold, Call Parking, etc

Derek Beaumont jerkface2098 at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 13:19:58 MST 2003

Ok, this falls under the newbie category:

Has anybody created any documentation on using musiconhold or call parking?
I have found sample config files for musiconhold, but I'm not sure how they
work.

[musiconhold.conf]

[classes]
loud=>mp3:/var/lib/asteriks/mohmp3

How do I then set up this feature in extensions.conf?
I can't seem to find an example of what I'm looking for (or I am not
understanding the examples that I find .... my money is on the latter).

Do you just hit the hold button and then the person should hear the music,
or do you need to enter an extension to place a call on hold?

Also, what exactly is call parking, and how is it different from holding a
call?