[Asterisk-Users] Sound Quality - Part 2 (mp3)

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Mon May 12 11:41:36 MST 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> It's not the right way to do it, though.  Given that you could be
> running mpg123 for more than one purpose on a machine, killing
> all processes matching mpg123 is overkill (and could be
> disruptive to other tasks).  The pid for each mpg123 process is
> already stored in a linked-list structure in res/musiconhold, so
> you would simply need to look to see if any pids are allocated
> within that structure and if so, send a SIGKILL to each of them.

Asterisk already does this, but only when asterisk actually exits.  When a
restart happens, asterisk never actually exits it just exec's asterisk so
the on_exit handler never gets executed.  I was planning on adding a way
to register exit functions within *, but haven't had the time to work on
it.

James